"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's Amazing to Me

It's pet peeve time!

It is amazing to me how many TEACHERS misspell words.

Its verses It's.
There verses their
You, your, you're OH MY
Lose verses loose

I know people get in a hurry...I understand...but the constant wrong terms... the constant mistakes just overwhelm me...


1. Long morning out running errans
2. So sorry for the lose of your dad.
3. Still raining. Oh well, just means more flowers are on there way
4. supper is simmering and the house is nice and quit
5. They have awaken from their slumber

It wouldn't be so bad...but all of those are from the same teacher. TEACHER! EGADS.

I'll never forget the teacher that "retired" after I went to my daughter's school and told the Principal that my children do not talk like the teacher was teaching them.

BASROOM instead of Bathroom

And then the teacher says out loud for all of us to hear: "Well, alls we wants to do is give them a good education."

And that's when I stood up and said "WE do not talk that way." My daughter got moved to another class and the teacher suddenly retired. The worst part... she had taught in the school system for over 25 years.

I know the majority of teachers speak and write plainly and correctly. But those who do not need to be held accountable. . . by another teacher!

I'm off my soapbox.

Ouida

Now...I've got that off my chest... and I just KNOW that God will hold me even more accountable now! I have a love/hate relationship with that.

No comments: