"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Gift

Struggling through 2011 has been just that in some ways. Somehow I KNEW it was going to be a financially trying time and sure enough, it's happening.

I spent the last half of 2010 spending well over $3000 trying to get my body to cooperate with me. It didn't take. So I continue to spend untold amounts of money on manipulation and now massage therapy (bless my heart!) The massage I like...the money draining I don't.

Car needed four tires... plus the rotors were bad, so had them replaced along with new brake pads. The check engine light had been on for two years. I learned how to "work around" the system for two years, but was truly afraid I wouldn't get by again. So had to have my catalytic converter replaced.

My sweet friend accidently ran into my back bumper on my car, so had that replaced... my car is very happy now.

And then, the Condo board decided that they needed to assess the owners for the 2nd year in a row...another $1000. They are benevolent though. They sent the notice the first of May and said they'd give us until July 1st to get it together before they start charging interest. Joy.

Sounds like the glass is half empty?

No not really. One thing God has always tested me on is my finances. I continue to ask, have I REALLY NOT LEARNED THIS LESSON YET????

But then I smile. God loves me so much that He desires that I live HIS way, not mine. Look at the financial mess I'm in, compared to His richness. I'm doing it His way this year.

Don't know where the other $600 will come from for the assessment, but for some reason, it just doesn't bother me like it used to. I know my Caretaker, My Husband, my Love... and He is not just going to do the best for me... He is DESTINED to do the best for me.

No comments: