"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I cannot believe that in two weeks my baby will be 30 years old. I remember when I was 30 and my mom was 54...she seemed so old to me. I wonder how old I seem to my daughter (and even my two sons!)
I don't feel 54 in my mind. I shudder to think in about 13 years I'll be "retirement" age, and I haven't succeeded to made a mark ... I haven't had my 15 minutes of fame for helping someone, for being a good citizen, for making a difference in my part of the world... and yet...
All three of my children know Christ. That in itself is something I should proclaim from the mountaintops.
When my children were young, I remember them thinking I was "one of those crazy, zealous Christians." I remember one evening taking each one of them separately into my bedroom and anointing them and giving them to God. I had olive oil and my NASB Bible that is still so dear to me---and I prayed.
In my Bible on May 15, 1988 I wrote "My children's anointing" at
Hebrews 12:12-15 "Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed. Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many."
I prayed that my children would have godly wives and husband. I prayed that they would make wise choices and I prayed that they would never ever forget the prayers that their mother sent up each night for them.
"God sustain the roots that my children have been raised with...remind them Who they belong to. Give them wisdom to make the right decisions and remind them how safe they are in your everlasting arms. Help my children to stand firm in what they know about You. Help them to seek Your face dear God as they make life decisions. In Jesus' name I ask, Amen."
Some of my prayers have been answered... some of my prayers have been repeated over and over as satan dealt his vicious blows when my children were weak. Some of my prayers were reminding God what I prayed for so many years ago when I wept over my children's precious heads.
Today, I read about God's amazing grace in Joel 2:25-27, "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten—the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm —my great army that I sent among you. You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the LORD your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed. Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am the LORD your God, and that there is no other; never again will my people be shamed."
I trusted God with the hearts, minds and bodies to my children then and now I pray the same prayer for my grandchildren. I adore God's choice for my godly son... a wife who is strong in the Lord...and my grandchildren are being raised by a daddy and momma who depend on God.
I cannot wait to see what God will do with the unanswered prayers that are still out there. I wait with 'tiptoes of expectancy'.

No comments: