"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pondering

Two mornings in a row I've woken up at exactly 4:52 a.m. Both mornings pain has woken me up.

You see, I was rear-ended in my car two weeks ago tomorrow . . . and even though my car wasn't damaged much, my body has taken a toll.

My chiropractor said I was 'askew'. My neck and back have hurt in ways I would have never imagined...and if that wasn't enough...

My right wrist has begun to 'tingle.' There's a certain way I can move it that causes a pain to shoot down through my fingers and up through my shoulder. It causes me to tear up and stop everything, stand in one place and say "ow" very loud all by myself.

My doctor says it's a 3 word something. We're using some kind of sonor treatment that puts deep heating down into the very nerve fiber of the area...and then I sit like a little old lady with an ice pack on it in the evenings....

But these last two mornings, the annoying pain has woke me up...

and it's so quiet outside. All I hear is the humming of my refrigerator...but other than that it's so quiet.

Slowly as it closes into 6 a.m. I can hear people stirring...the mother and daughter who live below me start their morning slamming doors and anything else they can slam. I believe they live with a lot of frustration... if anyone has ever been to my condo they know just how hard these women shut their front door.... it shakes my whole condo.

They like to check to see if the paper has come...at 5:45 a.m., 5:50 a.m., 5:55 a.m. until it usually comes around 6:30 a.m. The paper has arrived at 6:30 a.m. for the past four years...they don't seem to know that...I don't understand why they don't.

Then I think how alone I am. No, I'm not lonely...I'm just alone. Sometimes I am so happy that I can be at my leisure...but sometimes I wish someone else was here to hear me say 'ow'.

No comments: