"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Words from a Friend


"God will never call you from something unless He's leading you toward something better."

I just got off the phone with a dear man who is like a brother to me. He and his wife are pillars of our church. As I was bemoaning this and that (martyrism showing through) the above quote rolled off his tongue.

I thought...how many of us when God leads us from something...someone...some place...just sit and wait instead of brushing ourselves off and continually going forward. We just stop doing the things we've been commanded to do through His word...and we just sit and wait.

My heritage....my heritage is one of waiting. Years and years of waiting...for what? I don't know. How many blessings have been missed because I waited? How many times could my blessing be right around the corner, and yet I wait? How many times have the gifts God has given me been wasted....because I wait?

There are times of silent waiting that align themselves to the Word of God...but if we are waiting and it goes against what His Word tells us, then we are enveloped in a lie from Satan. We need to tear down those strongholds and start moving forward.
Acts 22:16

No comments: