"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Friday, March 6, 2009

Black and White

I am such a black and white person. Either it is or it isn't. Either it's done or it is unfinished. Either it's dirty or clean. There's no in between for me.

It's a good part of my character and it's a bad part of my character. For me to say that goes against all my black and white stances.

It's called changing. I've asked God to change my character and part of that is the soap box I stand on when people disagree with me. When I'm right I'm completely right. No ifs ands or buts. When I'm wrong I admit it and am totally wrong and apologize until I'm told to shut up.

I have to laugh at this part of my personality on mornings like this. Sam and a whole bunch of nurses are packing medicine to take on their Medical Mission Trip to Guatemala this next Saturday. He asked me to type up several catergories of meds and wrote all of them down for me. Then he ran through the office and said they needed two more signs.

Antiseptic and I-meds. That's what I heard and that's what I wrote.

Laughingly, the nurses had a field day with I-meds. I assumed it was for medicine like Imodium.

Sam meant EYE-meds. I laughed. Apologized...and still feel like I need to apologize some more.

And then I laugh again.

Duh.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Isn't that the latest in medicine--like the iPhone, iPod, iTunes???? you know...iMeds!! I completely get it!! You're just to cool for Sam!!

Ouida said...

Angie...you made me laugh! Inever thought about Imeds. Ithink that's a good Idea.

beth spray said...

you are cracking me up!!! ilove it! ilove angie's comment as well!!! needed a good laugh!!

Jeannie Miller said...

LOL that was great! Love you, Aunt Ouida! :D