"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Sunday, April 19, 2009

I don't wanna be

Sometimes boredom has me hitting "next blog" at the top of the page, just to see other's blog. Most the time it's in spanish, french or some other foreign language. Sometimes, happily, it's in English.

I came upon a blog that reminded me of my own daughter-in-law's page (www.creolecrew.blogspot.com) so I read the first entry and laughed. Ah, to be young again.

The mother was writing about her eldest daughter who just kept hitting her little sister. Finally mom sat down with the daughter and gently tried to "persuade" the oldest sister to treat her baby sister with love.


The little girl's eyes brimmed with tears and the mother secretly was happy that words finally got into the little one's heart. The mother asked, "Why are you crying?"


The daughter answered, "I don't wanna be a sister."


Pain, agony and heartbreak went through the mother's thoughts.


The little darling continues, "I wanna be a dog."


Well, I laughed out loud, because I could just hear my own grandsons saying something like this...but I laughed because at least she was honest...

I think all of us wanna be something/someone else at any given time.

Sometimes....I just wanna be a kept woman. But there's no one to cry to...so I'm just keeping on.

No comments: