"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Prompted by the Holy Spirit

Each time I get a nudge in "my gut" about something I've said or done, I first get totally angry at my reckless words or deeds and then I immediately Praise God.
Weird, huh? Praising God for feeling 'guilty'.
It's in that millisecond of realizing I've sinned that I know God isn't finished with me yet...and I haven't 'vexed' the Holy Spirit to the point of silence.

This happened last week. I got that nudge and went to one of my friends after I had mumbled something about an activity that ticked me off. I went to her and apologized that those words even came out of my mouth. And then tears....because that was my heart speaking. The anger and unfairness I felt just fell out of my mouth like spit. YUCK...I hated that that was my heartfelt feelings.

I also confessed it to a dear friend. We cried together and I told her that I hated my attitude and needed an adjustment. I've asked God to forgive me...AGAIN... and all praise and glory to Jesus Christ...because of Him, my heart was renewed one more time and that reoccuring sin was once AGAIN forgiven.

But those feelings still come up like reflux...and I know I need to clean the rooms in my heart. There's no place for those thoughts and Jesus too.

Thankfully...He isn't finished with me yet.

"If you could see What I once was
If you could go with me--Back to where I started from
Then, I know you would see
A miracle of Love that put me in its sweet embrace
and made me what I am today
just an old sinner
Saved by grace."

3 comments:

Jeannie Miller said...

Thank God for the Holy Spirit!

LOL And thank God He doesn't give up on us, cause with me He's had every right to!

Thank God that His mercies are new each and every morning! :D

Love ya Aunt Ouida! :)

Margaret Feinberg said...

wow--I love that God never tires in the work of redeeming and restoring us. Hope you're enjoying Organic God!

Ouida said...

Ms. Feinberg, I did enjoy Organic God. My prayer partner had given it to me. It took me a while to pick it up, and when I did, I couldn't put it down. I also recommended it to a couple of our pastors. I was so impressed with the church that started...with all non-christians. What a fabulous stage for God to work!