"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Month of Thanksgiving

1. I am thankful to be living in November 2010. Who'd thunk it?
2. I am thankful that Jesus, my Savior and Husband has allowed me to be part of the family of God since April 23, 1984.
3. I am thankful for my parents. They did the best they could do with the tools they had. (Psalm 27:10)
4. I am thankful to have experienced marriage, for better and worse. For a moment I knew what it felt like to be totally loved by a man.
5. I am thankful for my oldest son Chris. A man's man, yet a beloved soldier of the cross.
6. I am thankful for my youngest son Geoff. A drummer who drums with a different beat. And that's okay.
7. I am thankful for my daughter Melissa. A woman after God's own heart.
8. I am thankful for my daughter in law Amy. What a warrior woman she is. I keep saying I want to be like her one day!
9. I am thankful for my grandchildren, Jack, Thatcher & Margaret. I know, right?
10. I am thankful for my life experiences. Indeed...I am
  • thankful for the devastating divorce in 1981
  • thankful for the many broken relationships I experienced
  • thankful for the days without money
  • thankful for the sleepless nights
11. I am thankful for the two churches I have attended in my Christian walk. I drank milk at Broadmoor Baptist Church and have eaten meat at Biltmore Baptist Church.
12. I am thankful for Sam and Teena McLamb, who I have known at both churches. They have been mentors, friends and a precious sister and brother in Christ.
13. I am thankful for Dr. John Sullivan, the pastor who baptized me. My first Bible has so many notes in it I can hardly read the words of the Bible.
14. I am thankful for James Walker. I smile each time I hear my name pronounced "Weeder".
15. I am thankful for Pastor Bruce, who is so real as he teaches and preaches.
16. I am thankful that my daddy taught me about cars, alignments and brakes. When to be concerned and when to blow it off.
17. I am thankful that I didn't inherit my dad's inability to do house repairs correctly.
18. I am thankful that God gave me gifts of the spirit, which I use daily.
19. I am thankful that I have been given some forever friends. Women who have made my life stronger by just being a part.
20. I am thankful for my Connect Group. This group of women is a strong spiritual support for one another...and a mighty force to be reckoned with.
21. I am thankful that God has shown that He is still healing people, if we allow Him. God is still saving people, if we allow Him.
22. I am thankful for the freedoms I have received from unknown soldiers who have died, and those who have lived...and from my God and Savior.
23. I am thankful that God has given me a quirky sense of humor that sometimes cracks me up...and sometimes I cannot share any of it with anyone.
24. I am thankful for a roof over my head, a car to drive, and food to eat. May I never ever take any of that for granted.
25. I am thankful for my job. I am very thankful for my job.
26. I am thankful when I see the blue of the sky and the green of the trees meld into a beautiful piece of art, designed by God. Who knew those two colors would look so great together?
27. I am thankful for my sister and her family. It is nice to belong.
28. I am thankful for my oldest brother and his family. They have been prayer warriors and prayer walkers and sometimes prayer sitters...but they've been pray-ers.
29. I am thankful for my youngest brother, who calls me every week and checks on me to make sure I'm okay. I love that! I am thankful for his wife and daughter who complete him.
30. I am thankful for the breath I breathe. Praise God Almighty, for so many treasures.

1 comment:

beth spray said...

ouida - what a GREAT post!! thank you for your transparency and your sweet spirit!! LOVE.THIS and LOVE.YOU!