"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Friday, December 31, 2010

What I've Learned in 2010 that will carry me through 2011

This has been a year of learning. I'm so glad God isn't finished with me yet!

1. I've learned I cannot make everyone happy. Walk away from those who want you to change your life and lifestyle for them.
a. I don't have to please everyone.
b. Those who try to change others to fit their lifestyle are co-dependent, high maintenance and needy.

2. I've learned my physical life may be weak, but that doesn't mean my spiritual life must align itself.
a. I started 2010 feeling very sick, but was in a sweet friend's home that kept me warm and secure.
b. God's Word has been abundant whether I've been sick or well.

3. I've learned I LOVE fresh squeezed orange juice.
a. I bought a whole bunch of oranges from a school to support a friend's child, and hand squeezed them. That's when I learned fresh orange juice is so different than store bought.
b. I also bought a new-fangled orange squeezer doo-dad that will help me make my own.

4. I've learned I have yet begun to know all the secrets that God has in store for me.
a. As I studied each lesson, God revealed a little more of Himself to me.
b. I salivate as I study God's Word... it's more than fresh squeezed orange juice to me.

5. I've learned that I did okay raising my children.
a. I really did.
b. They are the most wonderful people in my life.

6. I've learned I love Honeycrisp apples and cheddar cheese together.
a. I love honey crisp apples.
b. I love cheddar cheese.

7. I've learned I love to exercise my mind by learning more about God.
a. I re-read the Bible through chronologically this year, and each day wrote a verse or 'speculation' I had read or thought.
b. Excited that in 2011 I will be going through two devotional books to further increase my relationship with God.

8. In August, I learned my body is weak, but my will is strong.
a. Started physical therapy and learned my body was very weak.
b. Met several new people during PT who have increased my happiness.

9. I've learned untold number of whispers from God by reading the Bible through once again.
a. Many many "A-HA" moments in 2010.
b. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me in 2011.

10. I learned I don't have to have coffee, but I choose to have it.
a. And that's all I'm going to say about that.
b. Except to say, I love coffee in the morning.

11. I love to teach God's Word.
a. I love my Connect Group who soak up God's Word as fast as He reveals it to me.
b. There's nothing wrong with learning as I teach.

12. The hardest lesson I've learned, which I'm still learning, is to keep my opinions to myself and my mouth shut.
a. God directly told me through prayer to leave one opinion alone, that He would handle it. I have, and it's been the hardest time keeping my mouth shut...and I have.
b. Let God be responsible for the consequences of my obedience to Him.

God is good all the time. All the time...God is Good.
Happy 2011!

No comments: