"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Silence of Snow

Waking up this morning I knew something was different. The silence was amazing. Amazing because it's so rare in this world of noise.

There wasn't a songbird singing, not a car starting... nothing but silence. Opening the blinds I saw the beauty that awaited my eyes...the same beauty that filled my ears---- pristeen, beautiful, quiet, white, virgin snow. No footprints. No car prints, just a sea of white.

And the silence was not deafening... and it was welcomed.

I listened. I "felt" that still small voice of my Lord. Illustrating in the whiteness of the blanket covering my world, was my sin--covered by the purity of my Jesus. The bland cement, the rusted cars, the dull beige of the condos, the barren trees...all covered by a blanket of purity...making everything clean and perfect once again.

A tear trickles down my cheek as I realize that all nature is crying out His majesty, His Lovingkindness, His Words...His love...His forgiveness...if we will only stop and listen...in the silence of snow.
Lord Jesus I long to be perfectly whole
I want Thee forever to live in my soul
Break down every idol, cast out every foe
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.
Whiter than snow, yes whiter than snow
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:7 Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me and I will be whiter than snow.

1 comment:

Martha B. said...

Glad I visited here, Ouida ! Very nice!