"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Thursday, April 7, 2011

How do we do it?

I work at my church in pastoral care. That's dealing with the hurts, pains & deaths of life. Days like today, overwhelming me with death, murder, sickness, pain and heartache... bring me down. I just don't know how to get out of this funk I'm in. The phone rings and I cringe knowing it's some more bad news. An email comes from someone with the subject : PRAYER REQUEST. I breathe deeply before I look at it. Days like this are very few. But when they come, they are over-whelming. What do people do without the Lord? How do they put one foot in front of the other while going through the emotions of life? If I did not have my God, my Maker, My Hope, My Lord, My Savior, My Redeemer, I just don't know what I would do. Thank you God that you know those groanings within me. I give them to you, knowing you are my warrior.

No comments: