"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Challenge

We had staff meeting this morning. It's always an inspirational time for me when our pastor gives us a challenge. As I try to incorporate the challenge today, I wanted to put it in writing, so I won't forget and others can strive toward it!

This should be a leader's prayer. (Taken from a book by Bill Hybels--forgot to write down the title!)

God, make me like:
David--- an optimist
Jonathan--loving people on and off duty
Daniel -- help me to have integrity and personal holiness
Joshua -- be decisive, be certain of what God wants to do without apologizing. Pray confidently. Instead of praying the "just" prayer (Lord just do this)
Solomon -- help me to have godly wisdom on a daily basis. When someone asks how they can pray for me, this should be my answer. Please pray that I have godly wisdom.
Jeremiah--emotionally authentic
Nehemiah -- celebrate even through the hard times
Peter -- take initiative
Barnabas -- be an encourager
and Paul -- be flat out intense.

And that's what I want to do. Please join me and pray for me as I work toward a goal that God has set ahead!

No comments: