"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Friday, February 10, 2012

What's it like?

I smile as I look at the pictures of this friend's new hair-do, and this one's weight loss, and this one's new clothes. The confidence they show makes me happy for them and for me! I'm so glad I'm their friend!

I often wonder though, what's it like to be pretty. So pretty that you don't mind pictures being taken of you. So pretty that you don't take bad pictures...and when you do, everyone says it's awesome. "You've never taken an ugly picture" I say... and that's the truth.

I look at my pictures and all I see is my lazy eye, my double chin, my scraggly hair and the lack of confidence that oozes out of every pore.

I clap for my friends as they show their latest artwork. It is awesome. So absolutely breath-taking... looks like a photograph...looks real. Then I look at mine. It looks like a painting.

I pray for my friends as they go through perils of life. They ask me to pray and I do. I can do that.

I go to the throne room and bow before the King.

He tells me before I can pray for them, I must deal with my own junk. Daughter, beloved daughter, you are made in My image. You are perfect. I don't see what you see... I see the inside.

I smile.

I ask for forgiveness and start to pray. I'm stopped again. I'm reminded that each of us are given talents...some show, some do not. But we all have something we excel at. I feel His smile all over and I can't help but smile too.

I smile again.

Now?

Now He says. I pray for my friends, and He smiles.

And He smiles again.

No comments: