"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hello Now

After all the heartaches, toil and strife,
I decided to take a look at my life.
Even though the down times seem to abound
I can't help but think goodness is all around.

I took another glance at the past
And am so glad the pain doesn't last.
Every once in a while a memory will spark
A feeling I had when my life was dark.

But now, through divorce and redefeat
I can proudly say I'm standing on my feet.
Sometimes, you know, it's nice to be alone.
Someone elses problems I don't have to bemoan.

Then I smile as I think of tonight.
The children were laughing, to my delight.
They are settled after these long years
And have oneness with each other and their peers.

So when I begin to feel lonely and sad,
I try to remember when things were really bad.
The greatest aspiration I have in looking back,
Is that I am alive, well, happy and all intact.

2 comments:

Libby Brady said...

Are these your words? They are beautiful and wonderful, Ouida!!

Ouida said...

yes...I penned all the poems on my blog after I had become a Christian and going through heavy duty therapy to deal with life in general...writing poetry was my release.