"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cleansing

As I begin the striving toward becoming a woman after God, and aligning my heart with what God wants my desires to be, several things have happened.

I realize I'm in prayer 24/7. I talk with God all the time. I ask advice, and have to ask for forgiveness on the road when there are stupid drivers ahead of me. Forgive me God for calling one of your children stupid. See...I'm a total work in progress.

Thursday night is my late work night. I usually get home about 10 p.m. after being at work from 8 a.m. I do take about 2 hours during the day for a break.

Anyway, two people came up to me on Thursday night and thanked me for what I do. That hasn't happened in a long time. These random people....bringing random comments to bless my heart and help me through the long hours. I smiled and thanked God...because it's only through him that I can get the energy just to stand upright.

God is so good to bring angels my way when I get weary. Last night I was talking to a friend. She said some mighty strong beautiful words to me...and I was taken aback by what she sees in my Christian Walk.

She sees the woman I say I want to become. In my own self-inflicted prison of doubt, I see my short-comings...but she said that's not what she sees. She sees a woman who desires that God be everything in her life. It's been a while since I've been speechless....and I was. Wow...

This morning, getting ready to start scraping popcorn ceiling in my condo, a thought just scurried through my mind. God is allowing me to get the strokes of love and acceptance... because there is going to be a time of trial and tribulation...and I need to rest now, because the fighting is going to begin.

But that's okay. I need to be sure I have the full armor of God...and am wearing it. Plus I believe it's Isaiah 52:12, God says he's our rear guard.

My prayer and request is that you pray for me. I am one of God's beloved...and He will take care of me...but I need your prayers to see me through.

No comments: