"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jubilee


I was on vacation last week. My girlfriend Denise and I take a week each year to have our Jubliee week. Her son is at camp, and of course, all my children are grown. So we rest in God's lap and ask Him to show us, lead us, guide us to the next step up our mountain.

This time, He told us that if we would pray the desires of our heart, that He would answer.

Sounds simple.

It isn't.

We began to ponder, what REALLY is the desire of our hearts. Our desires must line up with God's desires for us....so we prayed, God what is YOUR desire for my heart?

To our surprise it took a while to get there. Denise realized her desires....but I struggled. What is the true desire that God wants me to have? Take care of my children and grandchildren...yes....watch over my family members...yes....keep me secure and safe....yes.....BUT WHAT IS GOD'S DESIRE FOR ME?...Which should be my desire.

I went back to the beginning. As a baby Christian at 30 years old, what did I want most in my Christian walk?

I remember.... looking back at journals, remembering the footpaths I had walked...

my desire was/is/will always be to be a woman after God's heart. To walk blamelessly and help the people who have already received salvation, but need help staying the course.

I'm such an introvert, though, I run away...time after time. People who are hurting, making wrong decisions about loves and relationships....I run away. I don't think I'm wise enough to help them...I keep forgetting that God is. I don't think listening and advising will help....but God's ears and advice will. God wants to use me and I keep running. God has given me great gifts of discernment, faith and encouragement...I need to use these gifts....He also gave me an example as I pleaded with Him to help me understand my desire as it pertains to Him.

Wasn't too long ago I dealt with this in my own family. I remember lying prone on the floor crying out to Jesus asking Him to help me to know how to pray. He did.

And now, He is telling me that it isn't just family I should be lying prone on the floor for....it is His people...His beloved... they need me to intercede when they have no words of their own.

I am ashamed of me. Wow do I still have a lot to learn. But...I'll keep following those footprints ahead...and begin to use the gifts that God has given me to achieve the desires of my heart.

No comments: