"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Loopy


Beginning in 1998 I have suffered with MAJOR bouts of vertigo. Not just the light headed stuff, but the fall on the floor because the room is spinning stuff...crawling where I needed to go because I couldn't walk.


I have control issues anyway...and then not being able to stay balanced just about does me in! I struggle to drive...I make jokes of it...but if I'm at a stop sign...I slowly have to look to the right...then slowly to the left...then slowly to the right again and once more to the left...because I have to do it so slowly who knows what's coming 'round the bend as I'm slowly looking the other way!'
Recently I have felt like my brain was shifting in my head and I couldn't move my head much without getting off balance. So finally after years of wondering why I had these bouts, I got my trusty little Neti Pot and started using it again.
Sure enough, this morning I awoke for the first time in a week without dizziness and light-headedness. I guess I'm destined to use it forever...but that's better than ...as my chiropractor calls it "being loopy."

No comments: