"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Age before Beauty...and Beauty was a Horse


It finally happened. The day I've been dreading my whole adult life.


Without asking...


I got into the movies on a senior adult ticket.


It took my breath away for just a moment. I realized that even though I still feel like a young woman inside of me...my looks are not deceiving anyone.


I've become a senior adult. Of course AARP started sending me junk mail when I turned 50. I wasn't ready to admit that...then...


And by golly, I'm not quite ready to admit it now. I'm still young at heart, regardless of my age...


I just wish when I got up from bed in the morning, I didn't have to stand in one place to be sure everything works the way it is supposed to.


sigh.

1 comment:

Karla said...

I think you are as young and vibrant as ever :o)