"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Monday, July 7, 2008

You ARE What you advertise


It's amazing to me how many people walk around with signs on them....unseen by human eyes, but if you're a people watcher like I am, you begin to learn those signs.

Single men and women I watch and/or talk to are DESPERATELY seeking someone to date and marry....as if that will give them significance in their lives.

We need to quit wearing the signs of neediness, hopelessness, misery, bitterness, anguish and desolation.

A good friend called me a couple weeks ago, and told me that another friend had 'fixed her up' with a guy.

In retrospect the first clue was "you two are perfect for each other." Now my friend is wondering what her friend sees in her!

This guy began to immediately call my friend several times a day and even started calling her at work. Good grief! Fortunately, she had the strength and smartness to let him know that she was not going to be the enabler he was looking for in his constant search for someone to love and someone to love him. EEEEWWWWWWW-----as she and I say "to-wee...to-wee."

Last year I was sitting in the parking lot of our local grocery store Ingles talking to my friend Janie. The wind had kicked up a good gust and I watched a grocery cart start at one end and cross the whole parking lot and smash against a little blue car....and then started laughing.

I could hardly contain myself for a moment...because the license plate on the car read: "V1CT1M".

What a sobering thought... we are the signs we wear!

****adjusts the sign that says "Feed me".****

No comments: