"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Monday, December 22, 2008

The Magic

When I was a little girl, I heard sleigh bells one night and knew it was Santa. I often think of the magic of Santa, the promise of gifts and the excitement within me that would happily take root in my heart and there was the feeling of complete bliss.

When I was a young single mother I remember one specific Christmas when we lived in the "Pennsylvania" house as I fondly call it. That morning early, I heard my children trying their best to be quiet, ripping through presents. I walked in, and the intense joy I felt as they heard my door slide open--and they stopped and looked up at me-- I saw the awe that was in their eyes. For just a moment, I felt what complete happiness feels like, and the excitment within me took root in my heart and there was that magical feeling of complete bliss.

And now I anticipate Christmas with my oldest son and his wife and my daughter and the joy and anticipation that two little boys will feel on Christmas morning when they open their Santa gifts. I know for just that split second, within my heart will be that magical feeling of complete bliss...and I welcome it.

Merry Christmas my friends and family...and may this Christmas bring you complete and magical bliss.
Ouida Ray

No comments: